Monday, October 15, 2007

Alright already

Wow - I know I went on and on with that last post, but there was a lot to say. I have trouble being brief sometimes. I should have emphasized that Danny is doing just fine, but we are keeping a close eye on how he's feeling. He does have a bum knee now, so he won't be returning to racquetball as soon as he'd like. I tried to call him at work a few minutes ago to check in and see how he's feeling, but he couldn't come to the phone. I could hear some patients screaming in the background so it sounds like a wild day at the psych hospital. I don't imagine he'll be able to rest his knee today. He almost stayed home from work, too, bummer.

So I know I shouldn't have, but last night I spent some more web time investigating the findings from my ultrasound. Why did I do that? I want to call my doc and find out what the deal is, but she probably hasn't even seen the pictures yet. I don't want to waste time worrying about nothing. What use does worrying serve, even if it is something nasty? Which it isn't.

2 comments:

McNerney Family said...

Slow down Daughter O'Mine-you have enough going on without looking for more trouble. If the ultrasound showed anything life threatening they would have called you!!! Do a little meditation, take a walk, whatever relaxes you. Have you seen the movie The Secret, or read the book of the same name? I can send it to you if you'd like-just put out some positive energy, please. Your lovin' Mom

conme411 said...

OMF!!! I'm glad Danny's feeling better, that sucks about his knee though. Did they document the fall? If not you should make sure that gets put into his record of that night! Hospitals are so stupid sometimes...the left hand never seems to know what the right is doing.

If Mom's slow-it-down, meditation advice isn't working you could always try my approach; pissing & moaning. Scream and swear at anyone who gets in your path (including your husband) I mean really, don't you have enough on your plate right now? Do you really need his drama too? Just tell him in plain english that you do NOT have time for this shit.

Except for occasionally being riddled with guilt for being a major bitch...I usually feel a lot better after a good rant and rave session. You can always call me Fifi...I can take it in just as well as I can dish it out! XOXOXO to both of you.