Thursday, September 27, 2007

Birds & Bees



My 'pre-conception' appointment is coming up on Monday. I typed up a whole page of info to remember to tell the doctor and a bunch of questions for her. I had another little chat with my boss today about the doc. She's been seeing her pretty frequently lately, as her baby is due in less than a month. It's been really cool to watch the baby grow and get some of the inside scoop on how it all came about. My boss looks great - she's been taking such great care of herself and the baby. Good example for me, if I ever get there.

I keep swinging between feeling like this is going to take forever, not work at all, or be the golden ticket that works right away. Overall I'm just amped up to be getting started. Really getting started. Finally. Danny and I have been talking about having kids for years. We're constantly giving self-righteous speeches to each other about how our children will be raised. It'll probably all go out the window once it actually happens. If it does. And it will, right??? But how much can we actually plan about how we're going to raise and interact with someone who doesn't even exist yet!

I'm running out of time as a smoker... only a few more days left. I feel positive about it. I mean, I've done it before so I can do it again. This time I have an even better reason to quit - not that smoking was ever a good idea in the first place.

I missed WW last week due to my friend's wedding, but I'm going this weekend. We'll see how that goes, but I've been pretty good about avoiding ye olde gas station fare. I drive a lot for work and am easily tempted by junk that comes in a crinkly bag. Cheesy pretzel Combos became my poison this summer. And then there's the pizza. Danny and I have a pizza problem, there's no doubt about it. We even served it at our wedding.

And did I mention cream puffs? I miss midnight trips to Carrs with my good buddy Jonny! I miss him an awful lot. He's off on an adventure but maybe I'll see him over Thanksgiving. I hope so...

2 comments:

McNerney Family said...

Put out positive energy Faith, I absolutely believe it works...
In that vein, I'm going to start working on a baby blanket, a Faith's baby's blanket!
Your soon to be a Nana again Loving you Mom

CD and SP said...

Your comment "I keep swinging between feeling like this is going to take forever, not work at all, or be the golden ticket that works right away" is right on. I've been doing this for awhile and I've read blogs obsessively. It seems like you either get pregnant within the first 3 months or you're in it for the long haul. I hope hope hope you are in the first group. I wouldn't wish this upon anyone. And take your mom's advice, even when it gets hard.