Friday, September 14, 2007

Can weld. Can't sew.




I bought a sewing machine a few months before my wedding with big plans to become an expert and sew a zillion tablecloths. I did learn how to thread the bobbin and operate the thing - but I am far from being able to sew in a straight line. My big project to do at home is hemming our bedroom curtains. Pretty simple, right? But the main thing there is creating the elusive perfect hem. A couple of friends are coming over this weekend to give me a tutorial, so hopefully we'll have decent curtains by Sunday night.

In other news, I'm going back to Weight Watchers tomorrow. Like one of my old college pals, I need to get the bod ready for the babe. I was able to lose quite a bit of weight with WW last year, but since the wedding I have given up and gained back more than I'd like to admit! So, it's off to WW I go with my mother in law tomorrow morning. Lucky for us, that will be followed by a tasty bagel breakfast. Yum. I have to build up my strength for a frustrating afternoon of struggling with the curtains.


1 comment:

The Nanny said...

Hey, I found your site thru Cutest Little Babymakers. Good luck with the Wei.ght Wat.chers! I'll check back!