Thursday, September 13, 2007

On to... ???

I just finished reading through my friends' blog about adventures in baby-making. I'm now feeling more educated on the topic, but behind the times! If we hadn't waited until getting married to get down and dirty with fertility drugs, maybe we'd be parents by now! But who knows? I'm feeling impatient and worried about what will happen once we officially move down that path. It won't be long now until I know just how it feels to get my hopes up every month while dealing with screwy hormones every day. The end result is what we're looking for - parenthood. But who knows? My friends have been trying so hard for over a year with frustrating results. They have a huge additional challenge, in that they're a lesbian couple so they're working with insemination (and moving on to IVF) - but it all looks the same to me at this point. The one-up they have on me is that they're both women, and they're both totally committed to the process. Danny is all for it, don't get me wrong, but I don't think he really knows what we're in for. Then again, neither do I, truly.

1 comment:

CD and SP said...

you go girl! let us know if we can answer any questions! We're here for you and now are following along with you too! Love you.