Sunday, September 30, 2007

Quitting & Starting

September is running out - there is less than an hour left. I've been so focused on October 1st, and now it's practically here!

Tomorrow is a big day - not only the much anticipated appointment with the new doc, but it'll be my first day as a non-smoker. Again. Yes, I've quit several times before, with varying levels of success. Once for about 3 years, many times for just a few days.

I have a great feeling about this, though. What better reason could I have to quit? I cleaned the hell out of my car & Febreezed it beyond recognition. It now smells like the detergent aisle in the grocery store rather than a wet ashtray. Smoking in the car is always the hardest thing for me to give up. Well, so is smoking with a cup of coffee in my hand. Or a cocktail. Or any old time.

I had a great night on Friday but wiped out a little early. For a big, bad, last blowout before cleaning out my bod and starting on baby drugs, it wasn't all that wild. But it was nice to just chill out and have some girly chit-chat. Singing along to Prince was nice, too. I do highly recommend vodka + pomegranate juice. But perhaps not so quickly. Naw - no regrets, just a headache the next morning.

I was able to get myself going (thanks to a great home-made latte) in time for my WW meeting. Great news there - down 6.8 lbs in the 2 weeks that I've been back at it! That was a surprise, since I haven't really been following 'the plan.' I celebrated with the customary bagel & omelet brunch with my mother-in-law and friends. Shout out to The Bagel Factory. They have my order memorized - veggie omelet, no tomatoes, jalapeno cheese bagel, sun dried tomato cream cheese, hold the hash browns & trade 'em for an orange. Don't forget the salsa - and keep the coffee flowing. I always think I'll change this, but rarely do. I've been ordering the same meal there for years. I have a habit of doing that at all of my favorite restaurants. At Thai Kitchen it's all about the Shu Shee Pla. At Glacier Brewhouse it's blue cheese salad & bread pudding. Gimme the halibut tacos at Bear's Tooth.

I didn't plan on writing about food tonight. Nice how I toot my weight loss horn and go on to the rich meals I enjoy around Anchorage.

Anyway, I'll have a follow-up entry tomorrow on how the appointment goes. I'm sure it'll be great - she comes with such high recommendations. Danny and I talked about buying pregnancy tests in bulk after this. Seems funny right now, but maybe a good idea?

Off for one last smoke... maybe two. Then on to tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Nanny said...

Good luck with quitting smoking & GOOD LUCK with the baby stuff! Can't wait to hear an update! :-)